Thursday, August 27, 2009

A Fun Week

So this week started out kind of fun... We decided we would all go to church on Sunday and Ayla and I would go home after Sacrament Meeting. Why not? I felt good, and not much can go wrong in an hour, right? We were on time (which is amazing for us). We usually wander in right as they are starting. Everything was going well. Ayla was asleep and Tayah was putting stickers on paper with Kelson. No problem... During the Sacrament I looked over at Tayah and she was putting her finger in her nose. I quietly told her not to pick her nose. She then said "Oh oh mommy, there is a sticker in my nose." Fantastic! I look up there and sure enough she had folded a sticker and shoved it way up her nose. Kelson held her (to make sure no more damage was done) while I quickly went home to get some tweezers. I got back and took her to the bathroom where I could see the sticker but could not quite get it with out help. So I went back in and gave her to Kelson who then took her out to see if he could retrieve the sticker. No luck. Things were starting to swell in her nose so Kelson came back in and told me we needed to go. So I pack up all of our stuff and hauled the baby out while following Kelson and Tayah. So much for our first Sunday back all together. Kelson's brother-in-law came over and looked at Tayah and we couldn't even see the sticker at that point. Our pediatrician was kind enough to look at Tayah while we were there for Ayla's two week check-up. We think it must have gone back in her throat and she swallowed it since it's not in there anymore. Hopefully she learned a lesson... The next fun thing this week is Tayah's eye. She absolutely loves helping Kelson work outside filling our irrigation ditch (he is putting in pipes and burying them). She stays out with him until it is dark outside. Unfortunately we forgot to have her come in and get mosquito repellent. She seem to react quite badly to the bites. One apparently got her on her eye. All of her bites swell to a quarter size or larger, but her eye looked especially bad. I think she got about six bites in all. We are definitely more careful and make sure she gets mosquito repellent on before she plays.

Another view of her poor little eye.

On another note Tayah is adjusting really well to Ayla. She even let Ayla sleep on her elephant blank. That is saying a lot. She never shares her blankie with anyone (not even Kelson or me). In fact it is rare that she even puts it down. She is usually dragging it everywhere. It was quite a loving gesture that she shared with Ayla.

4 comments:

Tani Ireland said...

Poor Tayah!!!

Cheryl Whittle said...

How sounds like what Eric did in church only his was a tic tac.

Erin said...

That sticker story is kind of funny! I'm glad there was no permanent harm done. And I hope Tyler is as sweet with his baby sister as Tayah is!

Dangela said...

The fun never ends with kids--they always come up with something new to keep you on your toes. We love to hear the adventures!! Dan's sister-in-law (and us) got a kick out of Tayah's "sticker".