So I thought the fact the Kelson and I have one daughter and another girl on the way that the dirt and outdoor critters would stay outdoors. The problem... I am married to a five year old.
Allow me to explain... Tayah has been Kelson's big helper with putting pipes and dirt in our irrigation ditch. Not a problem. I love that she wants to help him and spend time with him. Now here is where the problem comes in...
I leave them to work on the ditch and go out to do a little shopping. Kelson calls me and asked me to see if I can find a cheap aquarium for the new pet lizard he and Tayah found. I thought little boys stopped collecting those things before they are teenagers. Not my husband (FYI, he will be 30 in October). He found a new best friend. He even had a tiny shovel and bucket for Tayah to help him collect bugs to feed the lizard.
After all their hard work there was some cleaning up to do; starting with Tayah. This is her in the bath. It is hard to see, but she was literally brown, covered in dirt from head to toe.
She had dirt all over her clothes and even in her underwear. It of course ended up all over the bathroom.
Kelson brought in his share of dirt too. So my lesson learned... as long as you have a husband and kids (no matter the gender) there will be dirt. I just hope I can get it all in order before the baby gets here next week (or sooner).
3 comments:
Ryan brings in more dirt than all the kids combined!
I like Ryan!
I think that lizard might actually be a giant Idaho salamander. You might want to look that up. We have them around our place also. Let us know.
Post a Comment